BRING YOUR LIFE INTO FOCUS
So you discovered that you have hearing loss – this is unpleasant news but do not get discouraged. About 38 million Americans have hearing loss. However, the freedom to do and go wherever you wish without feeling intimidated by hearing loss is vital to living a fulfilled life. For a lot of people hearing aids have become great helpers in correcting hearing impairments and returning to a high quality of life. Comfortable and high fidelity tiny technological marvels, almost unnoticed in your ears are available at the market today.
There are literally numerous hearing aid types and styles to suit every preference and budget. With the proper hearing aids, your life will be transformed. With the improper ones, your hearing could even get worse. That’s why it is extremely important to choose the right hearing aid the first time.
It would be best to visit an audiologist or hearing aid specialist who could assist you in choosing hearing aids that will suit your hearing needs, your budget and your lifestyle. Your hearing specialist can also adjust and program your hearing aids so your hearing is significantly improved as a result.
Making life better with a great solution
Our goal at NXGEN HEARING CARE is to offer you hearing aids that automatically make your life easier and at the same time provide you with an exceptional hearing experience!
Early treatment is the most effective treatment of hearing loss.
Types and styles of hearing aids
The following hearing aid kinds are known as ITE styles. Their sizes vary from practically invisible when worn to filling the entire ear.
- Invisible-in-the-canal (IIC) and completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids: the tiniest hearing aids manufactured are IIC and CIC styles. They go deep in the ear canal and are typically used for moderate hearing losses. These styles offer high cosmetic value for people who desire a discreet solution when choosing hearing aid type. However, the application of these hearing aids solely depends on the size of your ear canal.
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids: ITC styles fill the lower portion of the outer ear bowl; they are comfortable and easy to use. Since they are little larger than IIC and CIC styles, they have a longer battery life, are easier to deal with and can be applied to a broader range of hearing losses.
- Low profile hearing aids: Low profile styles vary from half-shell designs that fill half the outer ear bowl to designs that fill the entire outer ear bowl. The size of a low profile style appeals to people with dexterity issues because it is more convenient to use than the smaller sizes. These hearing aids can contain such valuable features as directional microphones, volume controls and program buttons.
Digital hearing aids components are as following:
• a microphone to catch sound
• a computer chip that intensifies and processes sound
• a speaker that delivers the signal to your ear
• a battery for power
These components are packed into several different styles of hearing aids. Hearing aids can be divided into two main groups: in-the-ear (ITE) styles and behind-the-ear (BTE) styles. There are also different sizes within each group.
Worried About Cost?
Give CareCredit a try and discover how easy it is to get access to the better hearing you deserve.
The tiniest behind-the-ear (BTE) styles are the most cosmetically appealing hearing aids with extremely thin ear tubes and ear tips that disappear unnoticeably into the ear canal. They are able to store features for a great number of hearing losses, hold battery charge long enough and are easy to control. The following are the most common BTE styles of hearing aids:
Mini BTE hearing aids with thin tubes and tips
Tthis is a popular mini BTE style. It is made to hide behind the outer ear and has very thin tubing to transfer sound into the ear.
BTE hearing aids with ear molds
Behind-the-ear styles that have ear molds will be perfect for any type of hearing loss. Ear molds are the plastic part of your BTE hearing aid, connecting the ear canal to the hearing aid and literally transmitting the sound into your ear. Plastic can be of various colors and types depending on your personal preferences.
Receiver-in-canal (RIC) hearing aids
the hearing aid speaker is integrated into the ear tip in this style. This locates it closer to the eardrum while the microphone and processor are placed in a tiny case behind the ear.
NXGEN HEARING CARE will assist you in finding the right hearing aids tailored to your specific needs. We can direct you to one of our trusted hearing aid specialists and help you find the perfect hearing aid solution. Contact us today!
TruLink Control App
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Bragi Dash Pro Tailored by Starkey
Schedule Now Online
We are excited to offer an easy online scheduling calendar so you can choose times that work best for you. Click the button to get started.