How to care for your hearing aids
Hearing Aids Daily Use Tips for New Users
As you become used to wearing your hearing aids, they can be used in more challenging listening situations and for longer periods. Here are some tips for difficult listening situations:
Hearing Aids Care and Maintenance
- Remove your hearing aids when applying cosmetics, perfume, aftershave, hair spray and suntan lotion as they may get into the hearing aid and cause damage.
- Clean your hearing aids using a soft cloth, tissue or proper cleaning tools to remove earwax, grease or moisture. Do not use water or solvents as these can damage the hearing aids.
- Store your hearing aids in a cool, dry place when not in use and leave the battery pack open to preserve battery power.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the receiver tube and receiver dome.
- Do not use a direct source of water when you’re cleaning the receiver tubes or the receiver domes.
- Contact your hearing care professional for replacement components when they become stiff, brittle or discolored.
Schedule Now Online
We are excited to offer an easy online scheduling calendar so you can choose times that work best for you. Click the button to get started.